Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ducky and The Vintage brings his Soulful Bluesy Rock on Dec. 22nd 2012


 
Ducky and the Vintage are a Legendary Dobbs favorite and always can't wait for their return. We are honored that Ducky and the crew were avaiable for our 2yr. Anniversary Show on Saturday, Dec. 22nd. Ducky's stage presence and vocal prowless is something to been seen. He has been touring through out the country the past year building a loyal fanbase. Below is a clip from his appearance on the Carson Daly show "Last Call".
 


 
One could describe the music of Harrisburg, PA's DUCKY AND THE VINTAGE in many ways as there are a lot of elements in one indie rock package. The dark but upbeat songs would be perfectly at home on the soundtrack for HBO's True Blood, but, perhaps the best way to describe it, is to get it straight from the Duck's mouth:

"My music is basically a rock 'n roll, bluesy country, soulful vibe with some pop infused," explains frontman/songwriter Matt 'Ducky Duke' Ryan. "I think the songs put across a vintage sound coupled with a more modern approach and they really sum up everything that I am as a person and a musician. It's just rock 'n roll in my own way."
 

To those who think the name Ducky is a shout out to Pretty In Pink, Ryan's stage moniker is simply a high school nickname that never quite went away. Says Ryan: "My best friend gave me that nickname after winning a stuffed duck out of a crane machine at a diner when we were in high school and it has just sort of stuck. I don't take myself too seriously, and therefore I think it suits me... most people tend to agree."
 


Ryan - self described as "quirky" and "very ADD" - might not take himself too seriously (meet him at a show and ask him to do his Speak-And-Spell impression), but his music is anything but whimsical. 'Take Our Souls Back' is a dark pop gem with a robotic drumbeat that envelopes the listener as Ryan's soulful vocals open with the lines "I didn't even think love was gonna be easy, but I didn't think I'd have to break your heart for you need me"

'Days of The Walking Dead' starts off sounding like Ryan might be taking a cue from FRANZ FERDINAND before breaking into a hook laden chorus for a track that inexplicably sounds upbeat and eerie at the same time. Says Ryan: "The song is about understanding what is to come and preparing for it - taking the good with the bad and the bad with the good. It's about the days where just getting out of bed can feel like a zombie wandering around looking for brains."

No comments:

Post a Comment